Horten 229 Reconstruction Project
Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics Wanted:
We have an opening for 6 aircraft mechanics to support Ho 229 project which will based in Farmingdale, Long Island.
You will be working in a team responsible to the final fabrication of the Ho 229 aircraft/aircraft systems, components and support equipment. The Aircraft Mechanic will be required to review and interpret field-related blueprints, schematics, technical orders, quality assurance standard practices, instructions, specifications, etc. The Aircraft Mechanic is responsible for the self directed adherence to the Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, policies and mandated Quality Assurance, Security, Explosive Safety, and other applicable requirements.
The Aircraft Mechanic must possess the following:
- A valid FAA granted Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the USA
The desired candidate must possess superior qualities of personal integrity, maturity, judgment and aptitude that facilitates the accomplishment of assigned work functions and cultivation of a quality work environment. Must be able to read and write the English language. Must be capable of effectively communicating both verbally and in writing.
Must be capable of providing training in your specialty/qualification/certifications to other personnel.
Will be required to perform a variety of (critical tasks applicable to your specialty/qualification/certifications such as but not limited to:
* Engine removal/installation
* Fuel system operation/troubleshooting
* Aircraft structural work
* Flight control rigging
* Support equipment calibration and repair
* Phase maintenance
* Hydraulic/pneumatic landing gear systems
* Aircraft engine operational systems
* Corrosion prevention/detection and aircraft/ support equipment painting
* Component and equipment preservation/de-preservation
* Egress and environmental system
* Flight equipment
* Knowledge of metal Lathe & Mill is a major plus
Please note, this position is located in Farmingdale, Long Island with an occasional travel to Long Island City, NY, please be flexible to travel and have your own transportation.
How to apply:
1) Check above ad to see if you are interested or qualify
2) Watch Hitler's Stealth Fighter movie on YouTube to understand what you will be working with
3) Forward your resume, references & salary requirement
Additional Openings - Interns & Translators
SPONSORS OF HORTEN 229 PROJECT
Yes, You Can Advertise On Our Aircraft!
If you or your company are interested in the commercial aspects of this project, visit Commercial section for more information.